– Tool Assists in Data Collection for OFCCP Directive –
Pittsburgh, May 1, 2014 - Select International, a global provider of employee assessment solutions has launched a Self-Identification Virtual Assistant solution that will help federal contractors collect employee disability data needed for a new OFCCP directive.
In September 2013, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) published a Final Rule that makes changes to the regulations implementing Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Section 503 prohibits federal contractors and subcontractors from discriminating in employment against individuals with disabilities, and requires these employers to take affirmative action to recruit, hire, promote and retain these individuals. The new Section 503 regulations became effective on March 24, 2014.
The new regulations establish a nationwide 7% utilization goal for qualified Individuals with Disabilities. Contractors must survey their entire workforce during this year’s AAP cycle and report, by job group, the percentage of employees with disabilities in relation to the 7% utilization goal. Contractors must address any problem areas and establish specific action-oriented programs to address any identified problems.
Select International has developed a Self-Identification Virtual Assistant to help organizations meet the new OFCCP Compliance Directives. It delivers the survey to employees in an interactive format that helps employers in a number of ways, including:
- Engagement. Individuals will feel like a part of the process, which means an increased comfort level and better response rate. Remember, their participation is voluntary, but your organization should make every effort to achieve high participation levels.
- Audio instruction. Individuals actually better comprehend instruction when it’s heard, and not just read.
- Getting answers to their questions. Individuals will have the ability to interact with the Virtual Assistant, significantly decreasing the number of calls the employer will need to field.
- 3rd Party Privacy. Employees will be reminded that this data is being collected and stored by a 3rd Party Vendor, protecting their privacy and further encouraging them to participate.
“Organizations are asking themselves a lot of critical questions about the new regulation benchmark,” Doug Wolf, CEO of Select International said. “We wanted to equip organizations with a method and tool that will answer all their questions and make the process as effective and as simple to implement as possible.”
You can learn more about the tool here.
About Select International
Select International develops employee assessments and hiring systems to help organizations identify, select and develop a strong, productive workforce. The company’s employee selection and development solutions include pre employment assessments, executive assessment, online interview training, manufacturing assessment tests, healthcare hiring assessments, customer service assessment tests, and tools to help organizations hire safe workers. Select International works closely with its clients to improve hiring at all levels, and across all industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, customer service, energy, retail, transportation and logistics, and distribution.
Select International is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, and maintains offices throughout North America and around the globe. For more information on Select International, call 1-800-786-8595 or visit http://www.selectinternational.com.